The Falstaff shield (Figure 43) with the name “Lemp” under the Falstaff name and “St. Louis” appearing below that, dates from between 1903 and 1918. The Lemp family were the original owners of the brewery and licensed the name in 1903. The brewery was closed in 1918 after the family experienced a string of personal and professional misfortunes. The Falstaff shield with the Lemp name and the St. Louis designation were introduced at the 1904 St. Louis World’s Fair. For more information, see http://www.beerhistory.com/library/holdings/lemp1.shtml.